RE: [Chrysler300] Geneva Concours d'Elegance Photos Posted

Loads of photos of 300s from this spectacular event have been posted on our club Facebook page.  Enjoy.

Carl Bilter

From: Noel Hastalis cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2018 9:45 PM
To: Chrysler300
Subject: [Chrysler300] Geneva Concours d'Elegance

Hello Everyone,

The 2018 Geneva Concours d'Elegance happened today in the 90+ degree humid heat, under mostly sunny skies, along quaint tree-lined Third Street in Geneva, IL - with Chrysler 300 Letter Cars as a feature marque. The event was spectacular, far beyond my highest expectations. John Begian and I left my home in this very early morning, driving the 35 miles to Geneva in a gradually thickening pea soup fog - visibility was easily less than 50 feet the last few miles cruising there. I can't begin to thank all the participants enough for bringing their legendary beauties! As one observer commented to his friend - "These were the original Muscle Cars before anyone knew what Muscle Cars were!" - How True!

I know it's long, but here's my Thank You list to all who attended!

Our Concours participants and their cars -
1. 1955 C-300 Black coupe - Bill Knauz car, brought by Rick Larsen - Illinois - trophy winner
2. 1955 C-300 Platinum coupe - Bob and Jackie Lederer (not a Club member) - Illinois
3. 1955 C-300 Tango Red coupe - Margaret and Chris Duhon (not a Club member) - formerly Bob Lutz' car - Illinois
4. 1956 300-B Raven Black coupe - Mark, Pauline and Matthew Obermann - TorqueFlite car - Illinois
5. 1957 300-C Cloud White convertible - Wayne Kutschinski, with restorer Paul Lewis - current Chrysler Cup award holder - trailered from Ann Arbor, Michigan - trophy winner
6. 1957 300-C Jet Black convertible - Terry and Chloe Berg (not a Club member-yet) - purchased new by Terry's father and mostly original - has been driven either 200,000 or 300,000 miles - Illinois
7. 1957 300-C Gauguin Red coupe - Keith and Judy Boonstra - driven from Holland, Michigan - trophy winner
8. 1958 300-D Matador Red convertible - Bob Brown and George Collar - trailered from Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
9. 1958 300-D Tahitian Coral coupe - Daryl and Rita Miller - driven from Normal, IL
10. 1959 300-E Formal Black convertible  - Bob Brown and George Collar - trailered from Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
11. 1959 300-E Radiant Red coupe - Guy Morice - Illinois
12. 1960 300-F Formal Black convertible - Randy Guyer - trailered from Minnetonka, Minnes ota - trophy winner - see a photo of this car in the latest issue of 'Hemming's Classic Car'
13. 1960 300-F "Plum color' convertible - originally Toreador Red - Ken and Carole Nagel (not a Club member) - Illinois
14. 1960 300-F Terra Cotta coupe - Frank Troost - Illinois
o And an additional special thanks to Frank for hosting a Saturday afternoon reception at his mostly 1957-1961 Mopar car collection, attended by several Club members
15. 1961 300-G Formal Black convertible - John Begian - driven from Saline, Michigan - trophy winner
16. 1961 300-G Formal Black coupe - Brian Frank - driven from New Berlin, WI
17. 1962 300-H Oyster White convertible - driven from Munster, IN - trophy winner
18. 1963 300-J Claret Metallic coupe - Mark, Pauline and Matthew Obermann - Illinois
19. 1964 300-K Sequoia Green convertible - Don Nissen - Illinois
20. 1964 300-K Roman Red coupe - Donnie Carr (loca l WPC Club member) - Illinois
21. 1970 Hurst 300 Coupe - Steve and Pamela Southwell - Illinois - trophy winner
22. Our friend Rolland Westra was under the weather, and was unable to show his Formal Black 4-speed 300-L convertible. Rolland emailed me yesterday morning,, saying his L was ready to go, but its driver wasn't - wishing him a speedy recovery.
Also, other Chrysler 300s that drove to, and parked in, our Club area today -
• 300-E Turquoise Gray coupe - Len Lulich - Illinois
• 300-F yellow coupe Michael and Linda Burke - Michigan
• 300-F white coupe - me - Illinois
• 300-G Alaskan White coupe - Andy Mikonis - Illinois
• 300 1963 Pacesetter convertible - Ron Knoll (local WPC Club member)
• 300 1966 black convertible - Gary Schneider
Other Club Member attendees -
• John and Jupei Hannon - Indiana
• Carl Bilter - at Saturday's reception - Iowa
• Dan Richardson - at Saturday's reception - Illinois
I hope I haven't forgotten anyone. I think every one of the Concours Letter Car participants should have been trophy winners! I'll pass along some videos and photos of this memorable event to Bob Merritt to post on our Club site.

Noel Hastalis
Burr Ridge, IL

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional