Re: [Chrysler300] BlueStreaking

The 300J also came with 7.60x15 Blue Streaks.    George

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: 2HsandaHeritage@xxxxxxxxxxx
  To: Rich Barber
  Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ; MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx ; Lettercars@xxxxxxx ; millserat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ; Moparpjf@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 6:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] BlueStreaking

  Rich,

  The H came with 7.60 X 15 Blue Streaks.

  Doug Warrener

  Fair Oaks, CA

  300H
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "Rich Barber" <c300@xxxxxxx>
  To: MJMLandDev@xxxxxxx, Lettercars@xxxxxxx, millserat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Moparpjf@xxxxxxx
  Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, March 4, 2009 9:10:35 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
  Subject: [Chrysler300] BlueStreaking

  I have a pair of 8.00 X 15 Blue Streaks with the 1 1/16" wide WSW's. Is
  this the standard tire size for H & J's? What about K's, L's and later
  cars? How long were BlueStreaks offered for passenger cars? Was there ever
  a nominal speed rating for these tires? Must have been near 150 MPH.
  Weren't the hot H's & J's good for 145 MPH? The tires are marked 6-ply
  Nylon.

  The width is not correct for our '55 C-300 (3"), but I find the tires
  fascinating. The blue dot that turns into a blue streak at 130 MPH is
  actually a basketball-type valve used to inflate the space outside an
  airtight inner liner by using an inflating "needle". The liner was supposed
  to provide run flat capability in case of blowout. Very handy north of 120
  MPH. I remember working on similar tires in the '50's with a manual Iron
  Tireman. Lottsa work to break, repair a puncture and remount. Labor was
  $1/hr and Phillips 66 regular was $0.309/G. Boss got $1.50 for a tire
  repair--car, truck or bicycle. Rock and roll was just getting started.

  C-300'ly,
  Rich Barber
  Brentwood, CA
  1955 Chrysler C-300