From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Edward Mills Antique Tractors
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 9:25 AM
To: moparpjf@xxxxxxx
Cc: gholm@xxxxxxxxxxx; c300@xxxxxxx; wranderson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx;
Lettercars@xxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] BlueStreaking

moparpjf@xxxxxxx wrote:

> I read an article some time ago which dealt with the fact that many tire
> outlets sell tires that have been on their shelves for a number of
> years. The
> gist of the article was that any tire more than three or four years
> old should
> not be sold to the public without notice of the age of the tire because,
> over time, tires will dry out and the side walls become subject to
> cracking
> under load.
>
> I, for one, would not be doing more than 40-50 mph on original Blue
> Streaks,
> if that. I think they should be used for shows and for concours judging,
> but I would never put them to high speed use. How can you trust a 30
> or 40
> year old tire at 80 - 100 mph???
>
> Pete Fitch
>
> In a message dated 3/5/2009 11:54:05 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> gholm@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:gholm%40charter.net> writes:
>
> Whats your opinion of running the OE "blue streak" at 300 speeds. Would
> they not be too old to be safe.???
>
> **************Need a job? Find employment help in your area.

(http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusye
lp00000005

<http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlcntusye
lp00000005>)

Agree - use for Show only - they are Nylon which ages better than the
rayon of the time, but more prone to flat spotting. I would hesitate to
drive them more than 30 mph or so. Besides they are irreplaceable if you
blow one out even due to road hazard.

For list server instructions, go to

For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/Yahoo! Groups
Links