RE: [Chrysler300] 300L clock

Doug:

You are just a kid, so pay attention to your elder (by about 5 years).
You've had a good day helping a friend, so take a dram of ethanol-enhanced
libation with your hot tub and nighty-nite!  Next comes the nasty work of
taping and sanding the drywall joints.

I don't think it is good idea to slather the clock works-just use Q-Tips and
swab the bearing ends of the shafts and their jeweled bearings or sockets.
Use the canned air, but don't hit the delicate balance spring.  I'd use
lighter oil than 3-in-one.  Perhaps even WD-40 as it contains a little lube
along with the volatile naphtha.  Again, just a little dab will do ya.

A small ignition file or even crocus or emery cloth works fine on the
points-just remove any high or burnt spots and any oxidation.  Minilube the
winder arm pivot, also.  It sounds like your clock is just stuck, like mine
was.  Clean and lube it gently, then get the balance wheel oscillating with
a Q-tip or your finger-but it is delicate so take care.  If all else fails,
take it to a watch repair guy for a professional tuneup.

A Maine man may enjoy swimming in Wisconsin lakes in May, but not this
California guy.  Living in Houston and California has thinned my blood since
my formative years in Iowa, Nebraska and Kansas.

Keep us posted.  It is always satisfying to get something working that was
not.

C-300'ly,
Rich Barber
Brentwood, CA