[Chrysler300] 300C transmission shifting

[Chrysler300] 300C transmission shifting

Greetings,

Took my last ride of the year to gas up and then park my C for about 5 months.

With light throttle and trans in D it seems the car goes from 1 to 3 at about 15 mph (either skipping 2 or being there for only a moment).  If I start from 2 with light throttle it shifts from 1 to 2 at about 15 mph.  With hard throttle in D the shift pattern isn't much different except for maybe being a few mph faster.

If I shift manually, the shift from 1 to 2 (about 40 mph seems right) is very positive and even makes a slight tire chirp.  At about 65 - 70 mph with shift to 3 there is momentary slippage (slight engine rev) at the shift.  I usually just drive the car like this because it is more enjoyable.

I'm sure the trans needs adjustment.  I'm going to wade through my service manual to try to determine what to do.  From what I've described is this a job for a back yard mechanic?  Does it sound like adjustment only or will there likely be parts to change.  BTW I don't have the kick-down linkage installed (don't have it) so I just do that manually also.

Thanks for any advice,

Carlton