[Chrysler300] 300 History

For those who don't read Hot Rod Magazine.  In the Oct. 05 Issue There
is a article called White Lightning.  With Junior Johnson and friend
Willie Clay Call & friends
One of the things they discuss is some of their favorite cars used for
running illegal booze.   Guess what their favorite car was.   A 1961
4d  New Yorker with a 413 Ram Induction Motor.   According to them the
car would do 180 mph uphill or down hill with or with out 750 lbs. of
Booze.  ( I think they must have drank some before they hit the road to
make the speed-o  look that good.)     There is a shop picture and on
the back wall is a pair of Ram Tubes.  There are pictures of some of
their cars including under the hood of the New Yorker.
Their last cars were 66 Cornets with Hemi's in them.  According to them
they went only 225 mph.  Now I must stop here. Until I stop laughing.
    Thats Keep our slow 180 mph 300's on the road.

                      Gary Barker