[Chrysler300] 300 - Canada to US

Greetings Beautiful Brute Brothers and Sisters,
    What you need to know to bring an "antique" car (25 years or older) into
the US.  Not all Canadian Provincial Govts use titles. Alberta, where I got
mine, uses a Bill of Sale and an endorsement on the reverse of the registration,
to transfer ownership.  AB also assigns plates to individuals, so when you
pick up the car, the plates will be removed.  You purchase an In Transit paper
registration ($22 in Alberta), which lists your starting point and where you
will cross into the US, to be displayed in the right front of the windshield and
go merrily on your way.  I could not get them to add my US destination as
well since "it would have no force outside Canada".  I believe, since all the
states and provinces honor each others' registration, this would not be the case
but could not convince the bureaucratic mind set, on the other side of the
counter, to do it.  Perhaps another individual might have.   I drove across three
provinces with no plate and no one seemed to care.                      At
the US border you go in the office to fill out their paperwork (about 10
minutes) and come away with their stamped form admitting the car.  So long as the
owner is with the car, and it is for personal use, no advance notice is required.
 Because of the age, the EPA and DOT rules do not apply - Thank Goodness -
they are truely onerous !  You can not register the car in your home state
without the customs paperwork so a valid plate for the vehicle prior to getting it
home, is not possible, but I was told the US paperwork admitting the car, the
In Transit registration, the bill of sale and signed registration were
sufficient to proceed.  I don't doubt that that is correct, but with 6 states to
cross, I did not want to test my luck going  plateless, so I put a current plate
from one of my other cars on, and continued.  Should I have ended up having to
show the registration to an officer of the law, I'd have gone through all the
other documantation first, and finally argued the principle purpose of a plate
is to identify an owner and his residence, which by using another of my
plates, has been accomplished - no deception involved.  Fortunately the trip was
without incident and I never had to test all that out.
            This is definately the least expensive way to do it.  Advance
notice, customs brokers and shipping can add several thousand dollars to the cost
- I checked.         The prairie provences are like our states just south of
the border, and the attitude about speed limits is the same as well.  " 70 mph
?  Aw shucks,  that's not getting you there..."  Great fun in any 300 !!!
The only down side of going that fast is the cost of fuel.  Gas runs about a
dollar more per gallon than in the US owing to the taxes - we need to be thankful
on that score. "I'll probably never do this again..." so I pressed the
"dollar dispenser" pedal pretty hard and stayed with the fastest traffic. "Good for
the car, doing what it was designed to do... not working hard at all...feels
solid, feels GOOD...."    all run through you head !

    All the Best 300ing,
        Phil Irish