[Chrysler300] chrysler 300 people:our shrinking demographic

[Chrysler300] chrysler 300 people:our shrinking demographic

Hi to all.  I missed the meet in Michigan because my 300F wasn't finished
and I was tired of attending meets with only a wish and a promise.  The car
is driveable now and will be finished for Carlisle.

I pretty much agree with Lee Meyer.  In my first couple of meets, I felt
like an outsider.  If it hadn't been for Gloria Moon making the effort to
hook me up with some guys to talk to, I am not sure I would have made it to
another meet.  I had made friends with John Hertog over the phone and online
but he didn't make that meet.  Many of you are good friends having been
through the years together helping each other put cars together and solving
problems.  However, in the four meets I have been to, I have seen quite a
few one-timers.  Most of them were 40-60 years of age but they just didn't
come back.  All either had a 300 letter car to restore or were looking for
one and had the interest to make the effort to attend.  We should ask
ourselves why they didn't return.

I believe that all of the folks that attend the meets are great people and
that each would make every effort to make newbies feel welcome if they would
give it some thought.  I have seen cars that are being driven to an event
where the only person in the car is the driver.  Shouldn't we invite one or
two of the new folks to ride with us?  This may surprise the few that I
know, but I have never driven a 300 letter car except a 300K that I flew to
Chicago to buy but turned out to be a disappointment (so I passed on it.)  I
am sure I could have asked to drive one of the cars at the four meets I
attended, but I felt awkward about asking so I didn't.  Now I own several
300's and can see the end for the restoration of the F coupe and an F
convertible is coming along as well.  If I hadn't been so hooked on the
300's, and if I hadn't had the support of a few members like John Hertog,
Don Verity, Howard Stoll and George Riehl, I don't believe I would have
gotten this far.

I believe the future of our club is in the 25-40 year old crowd.  I think we
should capitalize on the opportunities to meet them and greet them and make
them feel welcome.

Yahoo! Groups Links