[Chrysler300] Vin tag information HELP?

Hi club,

I had hoped to NOT have to post this on the server but I need some help.
Nearly a year ago, a 300G was found in the backwoods of New York.  This car
was widely reported by the automotive media because it was a true and
authentic stick shift car (a so-called code 281 car).  I went and took
pictures of it and ultimately helped the buyer with the transaction as a
paid consultant, NOT a middleman.  The vin tag on the car was gone when the
car was found.  It was not registered with the club and was not a number in
use in any DMV data base so it likely fell off the car at some point during
the 30 years the car sat in a field.

The secret code validated the car as real so there is no question of the
authenticity of the car.

I went to Tags backeast (AG) and presented him with a valid bill of sale
signed by the New York seller, Gils work-up on the car, photos of the code
and the IBM build card for the car.  He produced a vin tag...and incorrectly
changed an 8 to a 0 in the tag.  The buyer discovered this error and
returned the tag to me.  That tag has since been destroyed.

When I went back to AG, he refused to refund the money or produce a new tag.
He denied the error was his.

I went to another firm and paid them a small fortune (several times what AG
charges) for a new tag, and while the tag is correct, it is obviously not
authentic.

The buyer is very upset to say the least.

This brings me to my questions:

1)  Is there someone else who reproduces Chrysler vin tags with a
respectable level of authenticity?

2)  If not, would there be long term concerns with this car because of the
obviously incorrect vin tag (with the correct number on it)?

How is that for the loaded post of the week?

John

Yahoo! Groups Links