Re: [Chrysler300] 61G Conv on Ebay

G'mornin' 300 Land!

  Do we have a policy concerning contacting the owner of such a non-authentic 300, and letting him/her know what they actually own?  It is plain from Gil's information and, additionally, the pop-riveted VIN tag, that the owner has a car built from parts.

  Also in this case, is there an estimate of the value, maybe based on a percentage of an equivalent authentic car?  I'll guess it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it, but it is presented nicely.  Would y'all think it started out life as a New Yorker?  Not that it's a mystery in this case, but the 'secret' stampings discussed on this listserver in the past around the car would certainly bear out the non-authenticity in this case.

  John Spiers
  Lake Worth, Florida

lettercars@xxxxxxx wrote:

Kris and All:
Club records and the microfilm record show 8413 107484 as originally a white
300G coupe.
The SO on the data tag is for that VIN, but the body code and paint codes
are not correct for that VIN. When the 8413 107484 was first reported to the
Club some years ago, the owner described it as a "white hardtop". That is all
I know. 300ly, Gil

In a message dated 8/24/2006 8:58:16 AM Eastern Standard Time,