Cases of Mobil Oil

Hi list,
Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I just opened a new case of Mobil 5W30 motor oil for my wifes PT Cruiser, only to find 11 quarts of oil instead of 12. No wonder it was on sale! I wouldn't normally write about this except for the fact that this is the second time this has happened to me in about 6 months. The last time it was 20W50 oil. I know I'll look a bit strange in the store, but I'm going to open the cases before I buy from now on.
John