C300

Over the last few weeks I agreed to buy a black C300 from a guy in
Georgia.The owner told me the car was complete including the air
cleaner.A week or so ago he sent me a letter saying the air cleaner had
been misplaced,now he says he can't find it.I sold a batwing to a fellow
club member for$800.00 but had offers of $1000.00.SO if the present
owner will lower the price at least$800.00,I am going to go ahead with
the sale.HE did agree to return my money if we can't work out a deal.I
want to restore this car properly so if any club member can give me a
lead on a batwing I would be very thankfull.Also a friendly question was
raised in Dayton about what tires came on the C300's,Goodyear
supercushions like some of the early adds state or Goodyear bluestreaks
which every 55 service manual calls for.Ron Stewart who lives here in
Akron has a C300 with 12,000 or so miles.He bought this car in 74 and it
still has two original 800 15 blue streaks on it.The original owner
replaced the other two with super cushions sometime in the sixties.IF
someone can help on the air cleaner please contact me at
jslayton@xxxxx Thanks Johnnie Slayton