rebuilding '64 413 motor

I have just started the process of rebuilding my 300K convertable. We
pulled the413 non-crossram motor for rebuild. The car will be a summer
driver and will bore & hone for new pistons .020 - .060 ? the block goes
out next week. I have been told to switch to the 516 or newer heads? I
plan to put in hardened seats and some minor porting and have blue print
and balance the motor by a local high quality shop. He feels that the
1.60 valve is to small but is the biggest that should be installed with
current heads? He thinks a mild purple cam is fine for my application.
I know this is a can of worms to open but I would appreciate knowing
what others have done, what worked well and what to avoid.