Re: [Chrysler300] '63 Chrysler 300 Rear Wheel/Axle Chirping

Re: [Chrysler300] '63 Chrysler 300 Rear Wheel/Axle Chirping

Hi All,

This subject got me back on a simular problem I was having with my '68
Barracuda. Well I fixed the problem today. As you may or maynot know the
8 3/4 differential has an adjusting ring nut for setting axle end-play on the
passanger side. There is also a locking finger that holds the setting in
place. Well, the finger on my car was not folded all the way over so it
would contact the axle when I made a right hand turns (Sometime!). I
identified the culprit when I was inspecting the brake and axle assembly and
noticed metal shaving/powder on a couple of the tines of the locking ring.
Nothing like a cheap fix.

Not sure if your diff has this adjustment arrangement. Might be worth
checking.

Chuck