RE: [Chrysler300] '63 Chrysler 300 Rear Wheel/Axle Chirping

RE: [Chrysler300] '63 Chrysler 300 Rear Wheel/Axle Chirping

Mark,
I had a similar noise from the rear of my 69 Dart a few months ago. Turned
out to be the stabilizer bar that goes between the front and back brake
shoes. When I made a right turn, the weight of the car forced the brake
lining outward and thus pulled that little bar toward the outside. When
that happened, the bar would rub against one of the heads of the wheel
studs. The one stud was replaced years ago and the head was thicker than
the rest. After I replaced the stud with a correct one, the chirping noise
disappeared. The only way to check for this is to pull the drum and look
for wear on the bar and stud heads. If it's not a bearing you might want to
check this.

Hope this helps,
Mark