Re: [Chrysler300] to peen or not to peen

That's why you get those "big bucks" isn't it John....because you have this wealth of information I would never have considered, and saved me (again) from causing a headache later on. Thanks for the info. That alone has been instrumental in making up my mind as to what to do about these L/H studs.

Karl

From: John Hertog <crossram@xxxx>
To: Karl Peterson <longrammopar@xxxx>, Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Chrysler300] to peen or not to peen
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 19:43:29 -0400

Hi Karl,

Best to find R/H thread drums, at least for the 60 thru 64 version that have
the drum held on to the hub by the peened-over studs. On later versions that
have the drum coming off from the hub, it's easy just to change studs.

Trying to remove the peened - over studs without proper ( and unavailable )
tools will result in damage to the hub. First, one should have the proper
tool to remove ( cut) the peened-over area. Then , one should have the
proper tool to re-peen the new studs. Yeah, right...

John