Peformance tires

Hi to all ,

Some of you might remember my preference for Goodyear Eagle GT+4's , in P235/70R15 size. These are serious V-rated tires with 1" whitewall that match the performance characteristics of our Brutes, as far as I am concerned. They are also the ONLY whitewall performance tire on today's market manufactured in that size. Every other performance tire I could find is smaller - and blackwall. These Eagle GT+4's were manufactured for Rolls Royce and Bentley Turbo performance sedans - big cars that weigh at least as much as our 300's and go at least as fast.

Well, the sad news is that they are discontinued. Seems all modern cars now have 16", 17", 21" etc. diameter rims and there is no longer a need for these 15" performance tires, so Goodyear pulled the plug on them, as I found out when I tried to order another set !

I contacted Goodyear directly and was able to find out that there is still some existing stock scattered throughout the country - and managed to buy 10 tires for myself and another 5 for another Club member ... found them in Wisconsin and grabbed the lot. I wish I could afford to buy a few more sets, but at $100 +/- a tire plus shipping, it gets expensive !

So - all this to say - if you want to purchase some of these exceptional tires, DO IT NOW ! There will never be anything comparable on the market again because 15" tires are out ... the ONLY way to find some is to contact Goodyear Tire Customer Support ( consumer_relations@xxxx ) and ask them to track down some of these tires for you .
They refer to them as P235/70R15 Eagle GT+4 Narrow White - PC# 104-807-177 .

Happy hunting

John