Re: [Chrysler300] Peformance tires

John Hertog wrote:

> Hi to all ,

> Some of you might remember my preference for Goodyear Eagle GT+4's , in P235/70R15 size. These are serious V-rated tires with 1" whitewall that match the performance characteristics of our Brutes, as far as I am concerned. They are also the ONLY whitewall performance tire on today's market manufactured in that size. Every other performance tire I could find is smaller - and blackwall. These Eagle GT+4's were manufactured for Rolls Royce and Bentley Turbo performance sedans - big cars that weigh at least as much as our 300's and go at least as fast.
>
> Well, the sad news is that they are discontinued. Seems all modern cars now have 16", 17", 21" etc. diameter rims and there is no longer a need for these 15" performance tires, so Goodyear pulled the plug on them, as I found out when I tried to order another set !

snip

> Happy hunting

> John

These tires in 205/60R15 were stock on our LeBaron GT vert.
NICE tires, took a lot of driving, cornered great, good bad weather
traction. If they wern't almost 130 each when it came time to replace
them I would have bought them in a snap. The closest we came were
some Yokohamas. This MIGHT be a second choice if you are looking.

DITTO, grab them when you can if they are discontinued.

--
Paul Holmgren
Hoosier Corps #33, L-6