Re: [FWDLK] Lower Grill Guard

  Well over 20 58 Firesweeps are documented to have survived.

  What color/s is the LeMay car ?

==============================

  Some car guys get bent about me saying this, but a Firesweep is not a DeSoto.  It
may have a lot of DeSoto skin and have DeSoto badges on it, but one can get a real
surprise if they think parts are the same.  What is Dodge on a Firesweep ? ….built on
a Dodge frame and chassis, Dodge brakes, runs a 350 B-block, available only in a
Firesweep or a Dodge., the nose clip sheetmetal is Dodge, and they were built in the
Dodge plant/s.  What “Desoto” stuff is present is the rear clip sheetmetal, bumpers,
side trim, and a Firedome interior with Firesweep-only fabrics.  So, when looking for
parts or parts cars, it is good to keep in mind that most of a Firesweep will not inter-
-change with a real DeSoto.  Big difference between the 122” wb Firesweep and the
126” wb DeSoto.

  You are correct, 700 Firesweep ragtops were built in 1958.

  B.