From: Brent Burger <cgico@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 20:35:52 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Lower Grill Guard

You are also correct.  Attrition through use and scrapping before interest in restoration came
about led much of what was “out there” to vanish forever.  I often ponder where the other 468
1958 Fireflite convertibles went, of the 474 produced.  I find it impossible to accept that anyone
could see one of these magnificent cars and just let it rot in a field or pull the lever on the crusher
….  but they did, and LOTS of them did !  Even as junker cars, that is 468 complete top mechanism
assemblies, convertible frames, top wells/wheel tubs, special convertible top trim …  just gone !

Such a blind waste.