[FWDLK] '65 727 into '59 Plymouth, cont'd.

[FWDLK] '65 727 into '59 Plymouth, cont'd.

John & everybody else - if you've already resolved
emergency brake issues on this swap, you can quit
reading here...

John only mentioned the valve body, so that was all I
thought to respond to at first. The emergency brake is
potentially a bigger deal. The castiron TF has a brake
drum between the tailshaft and driveshaft. In '62 most
Chrysler products went to e-brakes at the rear wheels,
and most 727s (and all '65s) are configured for that
reality.

If you're going to stick with the driveshaft e-brake,
you'll need a tail section and e-brake assembly from a
'62 Chrysler or Imperial 727. I've heard conflicting
stories on which e-brake setup a '63 Imperial uses but
that *might* be another source.

If you're going to switch to rear wheel e-brakes I
believe the quick & simple way to do that is to go to
a later rear end with related hardware. This might
actually be worth doing not only for the newer
e-brakes but to switch to the later
no-hub-puller-required rear brake drums. You'll likely
jump through some driveshaft hoops as well, probably
also worth doing since I believe '65 was the year they
went over to a later and more readily available style
of U-joint. (BTW, if you want to go exotic, the '74
Imperial has rear discs, but I have no idea how wide
that rear end is.)

If I've forgotten anything someone will remember and
jump in. Hope this helps.