Re: [FWDLK] purist question

I expect to field some disagreement here but I agree
completely with Jim. In many ways a correct-looking
"shoulda been" might be harder to pull off
successfully than a straight-up resto. (I do, however,
agree completely that such a car should never be
represented as factory.)

I've seen a '56 Belvedere convertible done as a Fury,
a '55 Windsor convert done as a C300, a beautiful '56
New Yorker wagon done (apparently when new) as an
Imperial (but with 300-B drivetrain and 150 speedo),
various combinations of B-body convertible and Charger
resulting in not only a Charger convertible but a
Daytona convertible, and several non-MoPar "phantoms"
over the years as well.

My own fantasies involve the '55, '56, '69 and '70
Imperial convertibles Chrysler should've built. (I'm
not counting the K. T. Keller convertible, as I'm not
crazy about the '56 Crown Imp addon "fins", although
it's certainly a nice car in its own right.) I've also
always wanted to apply Belvedere trim to a '57
Plymouth 2dr wagon for the Nomad competitor that
should've been.

I guess having owned what may have been the only '65
Rambler Ambassador wagon ever made with buckets,
console, floor shift, AND matching third seat (which I
guess would've technically been "fourth seat" on this
car) gave me a taste for this kinda thing. Neat car,
appointed like a Marlin on the inside but much better
looking outside.

Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban
'64 Chryselr 300-K 2dr Hardtop