Re: [FWDLK] 1958 dodge spring special

According to Collectible Automobile, Vol.10#2:

[1958] "Dodge's 'New Spring Swept-Wing' included a wider, full-length
body-side molding with a textured insert; a Lancer helmet-and-shield center
grille medallion on Custom Royals or Dodge crest badge on Royals and
Coronets; a triangular bright fin rear end cap; and a new, wider chromed
license plate escutcheon.
...The ad also depicted body-color headlamp doors, but they apparently never
made it into production.  In addition, three new deluxe colors were added--
Poppy Red, Frosted Turquoise, and Paris Rose-- together with new
turquoise-and-black and red-and-black interiors."
- - - -
They go on to talk about some spring option quirks and the Texan and Regal
Lancer, which were spring models.

A '58 "Custom Coronet" model was publicized, but apparently none were built
as a separate model.  There was a "Custom trim group" for Coronets which
included color-keyed interior rather than the base interior.

It was a fun time to own a new Dodge.

--Roger van Hoy, '55DeSoto, '42DeSoto, '66Plymouth, '73Duster, '81 Imperial,
Washougal, WA