Re: [FWDLK] '58 DeSoto Trim For Sale on E-bay/Rear DefoggerQ

Re: [FWDLK] '58 DeSoto Trim For Sale on E-bay/Rear DefoggerQuestions...

Kevin Surniak wrote:

>                                             ..........ALSO: I have some
> questions on the optional Rear Defogger Set-up for Late '50's Mopars.....I am
> putting in a Defogger Unit, and wondering if anyone out there has any
> knowledge on these units......Want to know if I have all of the 'correct'
> pieces;  And I do NEED The Correct SWITCH for the Defogger if anyone should
> happen to have one. (I am not even sure what the switch looks like, so if
> someone might be able to e-mail me a pic... I would at least know what I am
> looking for.......)    I do not have any of the wiring either, and need to
> know what is required........ Any info. or diagrams greatly
> appreciated............!!

The exact same setup was used all the way through the 1970s.  There was just one
on ebay not too long ago.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=534628669&r=0&t=0

The motor in that one looks a little funny though, like it's missing the 6x9
mounting plate or something.

As I understand it, the mounting is this:

No rear speaker: mount in center
With rear speaker: mount on right
With two rear speakers (never an option, but a lot of us have stereos) mount on
right with adapter that mounts both speaker and intake in the same place.  DON'T
try to mount it in the center.  It won't fit right with the duct.

The switch is a "DPDT center off" or "TPTT" type.  It would be such that the
settings are low-off-high.  I believe there may be a little bezel that says "Rear
Air" as well.

-Dave