Re: [FWDLK] Spark Plugs

--- N/B Nichols <3nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Does anyone know what spark plugs are used for a 361
> V8 with the dual-quad set up? According to the
> manual it calls for a AR32, or a A32 if the year is
> after '59.  I am assuming that is an Autolite
> number, and if it is, it is not a good number
> according to the local parts store, which I don't
> trust much anyway.

Gee, Nick, I wish you'd asked me this after work one
day, I coulda told ya this right off (lol)...

As some of you may recall, Ford took over Autolite in
'61, and sold it off again in the late '60s or early
'70s. Bendix assigned new part numbers to the Autolite
plug lines.

Ford, however, continued making spark plugs under the
"Motorcraft" brand name, and Motorcraft continued
using the original Autolite numbers more or less (the
"A" was no longer in the part number IIRC, therefore
the old Autolite AR42 used in my '59 Firedome became
the Motorcraft R42; the "R" stands for "resistor").

Despite my not normally being crazy about things with
blue ovals on them, I used these in my DeSoto and
would not hesitate to use them in my Plymouth.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban