Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2000 5:01 AM
Subject: [FWDLK] Black or gold?

Hi everybody!

I´m doing my best to restore my engine compartment to absolutely original condition. Can someone please tell me if the innerfenders on my ´55 Imperial should be semigloss black, or the same colour as the body. Its kind of hard to say from old pictures in shopmanuals etc. The fenders have been poorly repainted, and I can´t find any traces of other colours than black, but? I´ve been in touch with lots of people who know the answer to this and many other of the big problems in this world! There is only one problem, they all have different answers! My guess is that ´55 "big" Mopars do have black fenders, and the ´56 have them painted in the same colour as the body ( I´m not sure about DeSoto in ´56).

That´s all folks!

Niclas Johansson
Sweden
´55 Imperial Newport