Re: [FWDLK] FW: 1956 License Plates

I also have YOM plates on my Dodge. In Minnesota the fee for registering
your car as a "Collectable" is $25, including a "Collector" plate. You can
also register it with YOM plates at no extra charge. Your car must be over
20 years old and you must have a normally registered car for a daily driver.
Once registered in this category, there are no annual registration fees,
taxes, or pollution tests. Only a front plate is required. Title transfers
require a sales tax of 6%. For collectables, this is fixed at $90 (the 6%
tax on a $1500 sale, the "average" sale price as calculated from historical
data). We have a strong collectable car lobby in the legislature.

Swap meets are a good source for old plates. There is a club for license
plate collectors, but I do not know how to get in touch with them. Most swap
meet plate vendors should know how to contact them. They trade different
states' plates between each other all the time.

Dave Homstad, 56 Dodge D500
At 07:23 AM 8/26/98 -0700, you wrote:
>List,
>As per the message below, many states allow you to register your vehicle
with YOM plates.  On the other hand, I'm trying to get one 1957 plate from
every state to display with my '57 Fury at shows.  I'm missing about 15
states, and have some very nice plates to trade for the ones I'm missing, or
would be willing to buy them for a reasonable price. . . just in case anyone
else wants to try to put together the same type of display, it's really easy
to get the first 10 or 20 states (Ohio, NY, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc) but
the last dozen are being particularly difficult to find.
>Mark  mjh

Dave