[FWDLK] Not a Fury, but...

     Hello all,
     Thanks for all the information.  I was able to figure out much of what
     was going on with the car thanks to the list.  The car I went to look
     at wasn't a 59 Fury.   I am not sure that it was a 1959 car (any tips
     on how to tell this?), but it was a 58-59 Plymouth Savoy 2 door hard
     top.   The car had about 90% of its chrome, and was in fairly good
     shape.  The front fenders looked like they needed replacing, and the
     rest of the body needed some work.  It was straight enough that the
     car could look real sharp.  All the glass was in good shape, and the
     car, as a whole, didn't have too much rust. It had a flat head six,
     and the Hemi that the man was talking about was a Desoto firedome
     w/4barrel and tranny.  The man wanted 1000 for the car, and 1650 for
     the car and extra motor.  I was wondering if this is a good price?  It
     looked like the interior was in good shape.  I am looking for a car a
     lot like this one.  I was wondering if I could get some information on
     the Savoy:
     1. How different is the Savoy from the Fury.  (suspension,
     transmission, rear end) I noticed that it had two windows that rolled
     down on each side, and that they were separated by a metal strip, and
     it looks like the Fury has only one big piece of glass.
     2. Does the L-head six use different motor mounts and bellhousing then
     the fury 318 or 350?
     3. How hard would it be to put in a late 60's 383 or 440 (nothing
     radical), and could the car handle it drive-train wise? My uncle is
     fixing up an old 32 Marlin, and would like the flat head six, and I
     would rather put a newer 383 or 440 in the car as the parts are easier
     to come by.
     Would anyone be interested in the extra motor and tranny for 650 (what
     is it worth, it was complete - even the carb?   Thanks,
     Peter
     pgalmish@xxxxxxxxx