Re: [FWDLK] Engine Swap and Electrical Questions

----------
From:   Mike Sealey[SMTP:mopar2ya@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Monday, July 13, 1998 9:11 PM
To:     L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        Re: [FWDLK] Engine Swap and Electrical Questions

Scott, before you get into any of the other stuff, bear in mind the '62 Imperial
 has an aluminum case 727 while the '60 Fury if it were a TorqueFlite would be
 the pre-'62 cast iron unit.  I'm sure the 727 will fit physically but it's set
 up for a rear brake shoe emergency brake setup, while the Fury has a single
 drum emergency brake between the transmission tailshaft and the driveshaft.
 Converting from one to the other is a whole other can of worms.

Mike Sealey
Former Owner, '55 Chrysler N.Y. Deluxe, '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban, '59 DeSoto
 Firedome, '60 Plymouth Savoy, '60 Dodge Pioneer, and more MoPars on either side
 of the Forward Look era than I can cou

Actually, the ' 62 Imp tranny has the emergency brake on the output shaft like
 the
Powerflite. I don't think the e-brake moved from the tranny output shaft to the
 rear
axle until '63.
                                                                      Scott
 Monfort