Re: [FWDLK] Engine Swap and Electrical Questions

Re: [FWDLK] Engine Swap and Electrical Questions

Scott, before you get into any of the other stuff, bear in mind the '62 Imperial
 has an aluminum case 727 while the '60 Fury if it were a TorqueFlite would be
 the pre-'62 cast iron unit.  I'm sure the 727 will fit physically but it's set
 up for a rear brake shoe emergency brake setup, while the Fury has a single
 drum emergency brake between the transmission tailshaft and the driveshaft.
 Converting from one to the other is a whole other can of worms.

Mike Sealey
Former Owner, '55 Chrysler N.Y. Deluxe, '57 Plymouth Sport Suburban, '59 DeSoto
 Firedome, '60 Plymouth Savoy, '60 Dodge Pioneer, and more MoPars on either side
 of the Forward Look era than I can count.

 ---- Scott Monfort wrote:
>    I was wondering if anyone on the list may be able to answer my questions.
>
> My brother and I are swapping a 413 and pushbutton Torqueflite  into his '60
 Fury.

> The motor that was previously in the car was a 318 Poly with a 2 speed
 Powerflite.

> The 413 and  Torqueflite are out of a '62 Imperial and came with both motor
 mounts.

> Does anyone know if the '62 Imp mounts will work for this swap, or do I have
 to start

> tracking down '60 383 B motor mounts? As far as I can tell the tranny mounts
 should be the same, but I could be wrong. If anyone has done this swap please
 give me some input. I'd like this thing to work on the first try.......

>      Electrical question. We're thinking about converting over to an
 alternator from the generator. Will a '61 wiring harness and regulator work? I
 know the '60 and '61 are

> very similar, but the '61 is supposed to be an alternator car. Anyone know how
 involved this is going to get, and what parts are required? Any help would be

> greatly appreciated!

 Scott Monfort

Get free personalized email at http://email.lycos.com