[FWDLK] Horn Question

The horns that came with my 58 Belvedere look to be original. One horn has 4
terminals, the other has two. When I bought the car, someone disconnected
the terminal at the column and wired a switch under the dash. From looking
at the schematics, the circuit is as follows:
 wire from Batt terminal on regulator to first horn, then to second
horn,back to steering column. When horn ring pressed, switch grounds,
completing the circuit and causing the horns to blow. This would lead me to
believe the horns are isolated from ground (the mounting brackets aren't
supposed to be the ground). The problem I have is my horn housing are
grounded (if I touch the wire from the Batt terminal on my regulator to the
terminal on my horns, the horns go off). Was there some sort of insulating
washers to keep the horns from being grounded? Or, do I have the wrong
horns? Or, are my horns defective? The horn switch in the column works as
intended.
 Thanks
   Todd
58 Belvedere Toot-less Sport Sedan