[FWDLK] gangsta whites

hello all. a couple of questions for ya.

i'd like to spiff up my Belvedere with some wide white walls. i'm not
really sure of the width of the white wall used in 1956 by plymouth, but
Josh's 55 looks swell with the 3 1/3 inch white walls
<http://members.aol.com/acker75/myply.htm>.
so, first question: is 3 1/3 the correct width for a 56 belvedere?

i'm not able to find tires with a white wall of this width in radials. i
was hoping someone on the list had some ideas.
coker seems to be the place to get tires for older auto <www.coker.com>,
but the best they can do me for is 2.5 wide, P215 75 R 15
<http://www.coker.com/vincar/radialwide.html>.
second question: does anyone have another source for wide whites?

not knowing too much about tires, i'm wondering which of the numbers in
the tire spec i can "play" with (if any) without getting new rims.

final questions: in other words could i get P215 70 R 15 tires? or P255
70 R 15? (both are BFGoodrich Silvertown Radials
<http://www.coker.com/vincar/Silveradial.html>) and if so what do the
numbers indicate for differences between tires? (i assume width and
diameter but don't know what corresponds to what)

thanks!

     glenn.

     glenn.a.lagasse: : : : : : : : : : :boy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
     .1956.Plymouth.Belvedere.4-door.Hardtop.Sport.Sedan.
     [. . . .  <http://meandher.com/sweetride/>  . . . .]
                          . . + . .