Re: [FWDLK] Gas Fill and Quality

I agree with your comments. Ever try aligning doors and windows on a 4 door
hardtop? I gave up on trying to get perfection. At least the doors close
nicely and the windows seal as best as possible now. If you ever want to see
a car that was rushed in the assembly process, buy a 65-6 Mustang. I had a
66 and the spot welds for the rear seat support (the part between the back
seat and trunk) were almost all blown through! The assembly worker just kept
on going. Must've been too rushed to change the tips on his weld gun. As far
as poor quality, water/air leaks are likely the worse on these cars. The
mechanical quality seems good. I could do without the parking brake on the
output shaft of the trans though. I could also use a rear view mirror that
didn't drop down after a series of bumps no matter how tight I have it (the
location is cool since it's different though). All cars of that era had
their quirks. They almost all rotted above the headlights. As far as
handling goes, I think the foreward look cars are by far the best of the era
for a car that size. My Belv' will cruise nicely at 70mph with my bias ply
tires. I had a 65 Galaxy with radials that was down right scary at those
speeds.  Those "directional stabilizers" (fins) play a big role in highway
handling in my opinion..
  Todd