[FWDLK] Gas Fill and Quality

Gee, and I thought I was the only one who gets a shower every time I fill up
the  300 C!  In 3 years of trying, I have never guessed right about when to
quit with the nozzle.
I remember when I first bought the C about 1982, and I told my Dad (a veteran
of 40+ years in the car business) about my find. The first thing he said was
"Those cars were the biggest piece of **** in the business!  Why would you
want one of those? He proceeded  to entertain me with stories of water leaks,
poor fit and massive rust outs.  Maybe the 300's got some extra attention in
the build process (or in the repair bay) and escaped some of the problems.  I
do know that if you see a full sized 57 or 58 Chysler 2-door, and the bottom
of the doors are not sticking out about 5/8", it is an over-restored car.  If
you've tried to fix one, you'll know....
My impression is that the mechanicals were very solid (other than the nuances
of center plane brakes) and that most of the problems related to the cars
being rushed into production.
Whatever the flaws, there is nothing that looks more "fifties" than a big 'ol
forward look monster coming at 'ya.  After all, anybody can order a '57 Chev
from Hemmings...
Jim Krausmann (300C, 66 300, 70 Hurst)