Re: [FWDLK] Furys

In a message dated 2/4/99 10:33:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, Bjwt56 writes:
John T. wrote:  and Mark H wrote before that:
<<
 Of course, the money involved is always more than what one planned to spend.
Even if you had your own shop and could do all the work yourself, the costs
would still be high.  There is the cost of the shop and opportunity costs of
not earning money doing other things.  Think of it this way, it's a hobby just
as others do things to enjoy their spare time.  We of course have something to
be proud of when we are done that we can take to car shows and have admired by
friends and neighbors.

All
No matter what anyone thinks a restoration will cost, double it and maybe
you'll be in the ballpark.  It's amazing that a carb rebuild costs $225 per.
In fact it kind of pisses me off.  But, if you can't do it yourself, then be
ready to pay through the nose.  Because THEY know it has to be done.  And I'm
not really sour grapes, it just sounds like it.  I'm redoing the carbs myself.
Lets see if it works.  Talk to all later.
John P.