Re: [FWDLK] PAINT

Sorry, Steve, but Earl Scheib, Maaco, etc. are for people who just want
something shiny so they can get quick money for a car they are trying to
unload.

I don't mind paying the 3-4K for a decent paint job, including paint
stripping, minor bondo touchup, top quality substrate coatings, wet sanding,
block sanding, good quality top coat, color sanding and no overspray.  I
know people have done decent lacquer jobs in their garage (my Plymouth was
sprayed with lacquer prior to my purchase ten years ago and the paint still
looks good).  He didn't even seal out the old color (red).  But after
spending a year and a half welding the car, I want the finishing touches to
be top notch.  Just my opinion.

Ron