Re: [FWDLK] paint

About this paint thing - I always figured some guy who stood there eight
hours a day with a paint gun in his hand is BOUND to get good at it sooner
or later!!  If you can get them to use better quality paint, and have
someone  (like a REAL bodyman) do the prep work, and take EVERYTHING off
the car that you do not want painted - you could get an excellent job.
I've had a lot of cars painted over the last 30 years or so - and I have
never found a guy who could "do it all".  By this I mean - the best body
repair man I ever met couldn't paint worth a crap, also the best painter
was a lousy body straightener, and NONE of them were good "edge" guy.
(never painted around the edges so to speak.).  Maybe if you could  get a
guy to do the above and "cut it in also - you could get a good job "on the
cheap!".   Just my .002 worth.  Thanks for listening,  DaveG.