Re: [FWDLK] '61 DeSoto Convertible

At 23:25 2.12.2001 -0800, Jim Pristelski <ajp002@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> A photo of a 1961 DeSoto convertible appeared on the
> cover of RoundUp magazine a couple of years ago.
> I believe that it was in one of the Scandinavian countries,
> so it is probably the car that you are thinking of.

I wrote there are two '60 DeSoto Adventurer Convertibles in Scandinavia.
You know, the '61 is different thing than ''60.

Mike Sealey wrote:

I believe this one is owned by Arne Nilsson in Sweden.
This car turned up in the NDC newsletter a couple of
years ago, and was considered a contender for "last
DeSoto built in the US" until some other cars turned
up with 11/30/60 build dates and higher build numbers.

Mike, you are correct. Arne restored this car to a top class, but he
sold the car few years ago. He is a very hard-working man to restore
old Mopars and all what he restores will be #1 show winners..

I seem to remember this one turning up in Texas,

This one is not from Texas. Ray Pfeiffer still owns a '61 Convertible in Texas.

allegedly already in DeSoto convertible form but
unrestored when Arne got a hold of it. (He did a great
job!)

The car looked unrestored original, when it arrived to Sweden. If someone had
converted it to a convertible,  it must be made a long time ago, may be in the '60s.
Were there any interests to do such jobs to a '61 DeSoto back then?

Never saw the VIN on this car (I'd settle for the
first four digits, they'd tell me what it started life
as).

Mike, I have sent you the VIN of this car!  Now I even don't remember where I
put the notes about it..

Mark