Re: [FWDLK] '61 DeSoto Convertible

--- Jim Pristelski <ajp002@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Marko,
>
> A photo of a 1961 DeSoto convertible appeared on the
> cover of RoundUp magazine a couple of years ago.
> Maybe I can locate it and scan it if you have not
> seen it.  I believe that it was in one of the
> Scandinavian countries, so it is probably the car
> that you are thinking of.  Of course, it claimed
> to be the only one in existence.  Jim

I believe this one is owned by Arne Nilsson in Sweden.
This car turned up in the NDC newsletter a couple of
years ago, and was considered a contender for "last
DeSoto built in the US" until some other cars turned
up with 11/30/60 build dates and higher build numbers.
I seem to remember this one turning up in Texas,
allegedly already in DeSoto convertible form but
unrestored when Arne got a hold of it. (He did a great
job!)

Never saw the VIN on this car (I'd settle for the
first four digits, they'd tell me what it started life
as). In any event it's a beautiful car and looks like
it was built that way.

=====
Mike Sealey, San Francisco CA
'57 Plymouth Sport Suburban