[FWDLK] Any King Pin Suspension Gurus out there?

[FWDLK] Any King Pin Suspension Gurus out there?

1)When putting the shaft on the upper control arms the Service Manual says
that the shaft should turn using a "Moderate Grip" one seems fine the other
is pretty tight but you can move it by hand, I tried loostening,
re-positioning, changing the bushings and always it came bach the same, the
only thing  I can think of is the the shaft could be slightly bent, it still
moves by hand but is stiff ....it this ok or should i look to change it?

2) The Shop Manual says that caster angle is set by proper installation of
the suspension parts.  It looks like this can be adjusted by re-centering
the upper control arm shafts, a time consuming process, but doable, can
anyone provide an at home way to measure the caster angle?

3) When I disassembled my front end there were a couple of shims under the
inner shaft of the lower control arm.  I did not see any reference to the
use of shims in the service manual and cannot see how/what they would affect
regarding front end alignment. Should I leave them out when I put it back
together or put them back where I found them?

4) If you  do not knoe do you have an idea if there are any other boards or
sites that i can look at?

Thanks

Scott
1956 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer