Re: [FWDLK] Rezistors

As long as the subject has been broached.......I replaced the points in DodgeDifferent (61 D500) sedan with a Pertronix set up.  In order to leave everything looking normal, I removed the ceramic resistor from the firewall, removed the spiralresistance wire in the back and soldered a 10 guage wire in its place and reinstalled as original.  This is an easy job to do.  Now, 12 volts always flows but all the wires that were present at birth remain.  I see no reason to have the factory voltage reduced to the distributor.  What says the List?

Larry Jett
950 Woodside Road Suite 4
Redwood City, CA 94061