Re: [FWDLK] Correct grille colour

Todd,

The upper grille is not painted. It is made of anodized aluminum. If your
grille looks dull or milky in spots, the best cure is to have it
re-anodized. Anodizing is similiar to chrome plating, but is a process used
on aluminum. The Fury grilles were anodized a gold color this way. Unless
you can find a place that can do the job near-by, it might be easier to
locate a better grille. This is especially true if your grille has dents on
it. Most places that do anodizing do a one price dip. It costs the same to
do one peice or a hundred. Most guys I know will send all of their aluminum
parts at one time. Some clubs will send all the aluminum parts that their
members have at one time and split the cost.

The lower grille and extensions were usually painted body color on the
Belvederes and had stainless steel bars on them to simulate the upper
grille. The lower grille had a hard time of it from people bumping into
things. Do NOT ever let a regular tow truck  try to pick up your car. They
will destroy the lower grille and extensions with their strap and chains.
The factory recomended using a wood 4x4 between the bottom front of the
tires and the straps to hold them away, but I recomend the expense of a
rollback for hauling your car if needed.

Larry Stanley  peerless@xxxxxxxxxxx