Re: [FWDLK] Go DeSoto!

Man years ago, I owned a 1939 DeSoto coupe. It came with a three speed
transmission and overdrive. It outran everything it went against. This was
in 1952. A friend with a 1948 Mercury went against my DeSoto and got
beaten. I pulled away from him at over 90 mph and I was in 2nd gear
overdrive. Bad to lose, but in second gear? He never heard the end of it.
If someone has a 39 DeSoto coupe for sale, let me know. Great car.
PS: This was in my younger years, Not recommened - I was lucky to survive
my youth.

JJ

----------
> From: Dave Duricy <desoto@xxxxxxx>
> To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [FWDLK] Go DeSoto!
> Date: Thursday, April 30, 1998 6:04 PM
>
> Greetings:
>
> I emerge from lurking to direct your attention to http://www.desoto.org,
> the Web site of the National DeSoto Club, Inc. See "The DeSoto Story" for
> thoughts on DeSoto's untimely end, as well as its brilliant beginning and
> inspired middle.
>
> On July 18th in Malvern, Pennsylvania, you can meet DeSoto in person on
the
> showfield of the National DeSoto Club convention at the Desmond Hotel,
One