Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 10:40 PM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: IML: Best/Biggest Websites?

On Dec 27, 2004, at 7:40 PM, David Whitney wrote:

> There are a bunch of people in the C Body Dry Dock who are every bit
as
> nuts about Cs as we are about Ys.
>
> http://www.motorcitymoparclub.com
>
> Scroll to Members' Discussion to reveal forums, then scroll to the Dry

> Dock
> "home of the land yachts"
>
> They also have forums for A, B, E and F body owners as well as wagons,

> AMC,
> trucks, etc., but the Dry Dock is the most popular.
>
> Also, don't forget the panic Tech Paper library at
> http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/mopar-tech.htm for excellent non-body
> specific Mopar engine stuff from the early hemi to the demise of the
> carburetor.

These are wonderful recommendations - thank you for your kindness!  I
am asking because I am doing a side-project, and I'm unsure whether it
is okay with all concerned.

I am using a program call "Site Sucker" to download entire websites so
that they can be archived onto high-quality CD's and DVD's and stored
for posterity. MANY valuable sites have been lost for many different
reasons, but the end-effect is that gathered wisdom, hard work,
dedication and archival information has been lost.  I want to believe
that I can help this stuff be around for centuries to come. I will be
sending these disks off to the folks who are most active with this
mailing-list (including a current snapshot of the nearly 100,000 files
taking up 19 gigabytes in the imperialclub.com site).

Yes, these disks have a finite lifetime, but I've switched from
punch-cards to floppies to Syquests to Zip drives to CD's to DVDs in my
life, and since the highest-quality disks can now be guaranteed to last
for at least seventy years, I'm confident that future generations of
car-crazy nutcases like us will be sharing this groovy stuff with a lot
of joy.

Anybody have an opinion on this?  I have a feeling that I'm not
supposed to do this, somehow.