Re: IML: Best/Biggest Websites?

On Dec 27, 2004, at 7:40 PM, David Whitney wrote:

There are a bunch of people in the C Body Dry Dock who are every bit as
nuts about Cs as we are about Ys.

http://www.motorcitymoparclub.com

Scroll to Members' Discussion to reveal forums, then scroll to the Dry Dock
"home of the land yachts"

They also have forums for A, B, E and F body owners as well as wagons, AMC,
trucks, etc., but the Dry Dock is the most popular.

Also, don't forget the panic Tech Paper library at
http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/mopar-tech.htm for excellent non-body
specific Mopar engine stuff from the early hemi to the demise of the
carburetor.

These are wonderful recommendations - thank you for your kindness! I am asking because I am doing a side-project, and I'm unsure whether it is okay with all concerned.

I am using a program call "Site Sucker" to download entire websites so that they can be archived onto high-quality CD's and DVD's and stored for posterity. MANY valuable sites have been lost for many different reasons, but the end-effect is that gathered wisdom, hard work, dedication and archival information has been lost. I want to believe that I can help this stuff be around for centuries to come. I will be sending these disks off to the folks who are most active with this mailing-list (including a current snapshot of the nearly 100,000 files taking up 19 gigabytes in the imperialclub.com site).

Yes, these disks have a finite lifetime, but I've switched from punch-cards to floppies to Syquests to Zip drives to CD's to DVDs in my life, and since the highest-quality disks can now be guaranteed to last for at least seventy years, I'm confident that future generations of car-crazy nutcases like us will be sharing this groovy stuff with a lot of joy.

Anybody have an opinion on this? I have a feeling that I'm not supposed to do this, somehow.