IML: Driving an Imperial in Europe

I have been driving my 1961 Imperial in the UK for the last 6 years and my daily driver is a '76 Eldorado. It's not as bad as you might think, even though there are a lot of single lane country roads in my area. I also drive in London quite frequently. It is no worse than driving a light truck or a large van. After a short while you get used to the scale and believe me, people get out of your way when they see you coming. Better still, you can see the big smiles on their faces when they see what you are driving.

There is only one place that I avoid and that is spiral ramps in multi story car parks.
A lot of them are just too tight to get around.

The biggest drawback to driving these old dinosaurs here is the shockingly high cost of gasoline (currently over £6.00 a US gallon). I have solved this problem by converting both cars to run on propane.

Best wishes,

Tony V