RE: IML: Nowadays They All Look The Same

RE: IML: Nowadays They All Look The Same

Quoting RandalPark@xxxxxxx:

> Its all relative. Folks the age of my parents use to say the same thing about
> cars from the 50's and 60's. What I heard was "back in the old days, anyone
> who was worth their salt could tell a Cord from a Peerless a mile a way,
> nowadays all these Buicks, Oldsmobiles, and Cadillacs, (and Imperials) look
> the same".
>
> Paul

Paul, to me most twenties and thiries cars look alike (with the exception of
cars like Cords, Duesembergs, Bugattis, etc), mainly because I am not very
familiar with them.  However, I am fairly familiar with modern cars, and they
still look alike!  With the moderns, you have to look for certain coprorate
logos to identify them (which since I am familiar with the cars, its usually
not too tough unless its dark), as the overall shape is about the same.  With
cars from the 60's, it was the styling themes rather than tiny logos that
identified them.  There are cases when the themes were alike, and it may have
been harder to tell.  Still, a 68 Chrysler NYer and 68 Imperial are easier to
separate over, say a BMW 3 series and a Honda Civic, all viewed from the side
(my opinion of course).

D^2