IML: Elite in soceity...was $635 tail lamps

Quoting Hugh & Therese <hugtrees@xxxxxxxx>:

> I don't think owning an Imperial is an "Ordinary Joe" proposition.  Nor do I
> think it should be.  Get yourself a Mustang, or a 57 Chevy if you want to run
>
> Imperials were designed to serve the elite in society.  They were top end
> cars with limited appeal if only because of their exorbitant price in...

That was then.  Now, the "elite" part is not so much in dollars, as much as a
combination of taste, class, and knowledge (in terms of knowing where to get
parts, and how to diagnose and make repairs).  And to some extend luck (I was
introduced to Imperials by chance).  Overall, owning and operating an Imperial
in modern day is not that expensive of a proposition.  Especially if you
compare to the cost of buying a modern car, where you pay so much, and get so
little.  Yes, gas is expssive now, and will likely remain so.  But that's still
a small cost compared to everything else.

D^2