IML: Tech question

Here I sit, a beer person with a champagne car.  The hope is to be able to maintain the car.  I have commissioned  myself as a Certified Imperial Repair Person.
Primarily because I have access to all the wisdom of this list!  Several years ago when my financial situation took a turn for the worse, I cleaned up my 64 to prepare to sell.
The car just looked so good, and I reminded myself how long I had wanted an Imperial before I bought this one.

Now I am preparing The Grand Lady for it's second re-paint and I am removing the bright trim.  The website has already been very helpful.  I do have a question for other 64 owners:  The very beautiful "Imperial" trim piece on the lower front fenders.  Bolted on, or compression studs?  What can be removed from the lower inner fender to aid in accessing the bolts, if that is required?  Your help is appreciated to help keep another Incomparable Imperial turning heads.

Joe Amos
64 Crown 4 door
73 Newport Coupe
75 Newport Custom Sedan