Re: IML: Door speaker access / Vinyl half-top (1993)

Re: IML: Door speaker access / Vinyl half-top (1993)

On Oct 22, 2004, at 12:39 AM, Jason Wulf wrote:

between the two panels. There are a number of clips that hold that panel on, but as I recall it does come off with just some traditional chrysler door-panel clips.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the panel that goes around the seat controls and over the speaker has no screws of it's own correct - ONLY the clips - and should just pop off with a little effort? I see absolutely no screws in that area.

I purchased the Haynes repair manual for Full-Size models 88-93 but their vague instructions on getting into Imperial/New Yorker speaker and door panels seems entirely incorrect.

looking at a connector farther up behind the dash that might feed both
speakers and some other controls (i doubt it's the door connector if
a) the other door controls work right and b) because your dash
speakers is out too.)  Also, you might have a connector on the back of
the stereo loose..

Near as I can tell, it's only those two speakers that are out. Everything else on the door works fine. The speakers seem to be entirely dead. There's no hiss, nor any pops/cracks when I fiddle with the fader joystick. It's just a dead audio corner. :-/

Thanks! John